Rights & Contracts
The Portobello Books Rights and Contracts Department comprises Angela Rose, Rights Director, and Helen James, Rights Assistant.
Angela and Helen handle translation, large print, audio and film rights and work directly with publishers in all territories aside from Japan (English Agency), Korea (Eric Yang) and China / Taiwan (Chinese Connection). If you have a specific query please email us at email@example.com.
US rights in Portobello Books are handled by Marshall Rights. For US enquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07944 681 101.
We also handle all head and subsidiary rights contracts for titles on the Portobello Books list.
For permission enquires please email email@example.com making sure the following information is included in your message:
- The title and author of the Portobello book in question
- The total word count of the extract(s) from the Portobello Books title that you wish to reproduce
- The publisher (with full address) of your work
- The title and author of the publication you are interested in
- The territory for distribution: e.g. UK & Commonwealth only, World English Language, World all languages etc
- The total print run of the work
- Format (hardcover and/or paperback and/or electronic)
- Published price
- Publication date
We will respond to your request as soon as possible but please allow four weeks for a response.